Monday, June 1, 2009

what a bummer...

So, i have ot say all the training i did has lead up to absolutely nothing besides a stress fracture. I have had leg pain for about 2 months...i tried to baby it with doing a lot of crosstraining instead of running. I went out about a week ago Saturday and tried to run i was going for the big 9 miles and had driven down to the Jordan River Parkway. I made it about 2 miles into the run and was in so much pain i had to stop and walk home. My leg throbbed for days and even when i walked i could feel the pain. I have resorted once again to crosstrainig on the eliptical that Matt bought for me after i spent all day in tears i am to take 4-6 weeks off of running which means no half marathon.

I have been so dissapointed that i am not going to be able to run my half marathon. I can't believe how far i came, but hopefully come fall i will be able to run again and slowly work up to a half...I guess i just demanded to much to fast after having a baby and not being active for about 5 years prior.

P.S. GOOD LUCK STACEY! I am so jelous you get to run!

3 comments:

Stacey said...

:( i'm so sorry! it still makes me sad that you can't run with me. are you still going to come up to bear lake with me? it might be nice to have a "fan" at the finish line!

Matt and Erin said...

What a disappointment after all that training!

Daisy said...

That's so tough, I'm sorry!
P.S. You've been tagged ;)
http://akirasmommy.blogspot.com/2009/06/alicia-at-imma-momma-tagged-me-i-havent.html